What is Autocross?
Autocross (or AX) is an entry level competitive driving event around a course defined by traffic cones. Each “lap” is individually timed for each driver. There is no “wheel-to-wheel” competition with courses designed to be negotiated entirely in 2nd gear for most vehicles. A typical course is 45 to 60 seconds long.
Autocross gives you the opportunity to develop your car control skills in a relatively safe environment.
PCA National Autocross rules allow for any licensed driver age 16 or older to participate in Autocrossing.
Beginner PCA members are always welcome, and there are no prerequisites other than arriving with a vehicle in safe working condition. We require non-member entrants to be experienced to allow instructors to focus on PCA member beginners.
Up to two drivers can share a single vehicle allowing for multiple family members to participate.
Porsche Club of America has redefined their various Autocross classifications for the 2019 season.
- 9AT – All 911 Turbo, 911 GTS, 99+ AWD, 2016+ Carrera S/GTS
- GTR – Special GT, R, or “Tuner” Porsche Models, heavily modified Porsches
- 9WC – 99+ 911 Carrera models except Turbo, AWD, 2016+ Carrera S/GTS
- 9AC – All Air Cooled 911 models except turbo
- BC1 – 97-08 Boxster/Cayman, 09-11 Boxster/Cayman Base Models
- BC2 – 09-11 Boxster/Cayman S/GTS, All 2012+ Boxster/Cayman
- PF – All Front Engine Porsches including SUV
- P4 – 4-cylinder Air Cooled Porsches and 914-6
- PRT – Any Porsche on sub-140 treadwear or race tires
- X1 – AWD Non-Porsches Cars on 140 or greater tread wear rating tires
- X2 – RWD Non-Porsches Cars on 140 or greater tread wear rating tires
- X3 – FWD cars and sub-100 hp 4-cylinder cars on 140 or greater tread wear rating tires
- X4 – Significantly Modified Non-Porsches or on sub 140 tread wear tires
- L – Ladies Class (Optional)
- INS – Autocross Event Instructors
Upcoming Autocross Events
- e-Brake News: Video: Porsche Taycan assembly October 9, 2019
- Your PCA e-Brake News September 2019 Recap October 3, 2019
- e-Brake News: Enter Member Only Raffle: 718 Cayman GT4, Spyder, Boxster/Cayman grand prizes! October 2, 2019
- e-Brake News: PCA Open House: Friends, Porsches, and barbecue September 25, 2019
- e-Brake News: Video: 750 Porsche Panorama covers in less than two minutes September 18, 2019
- e-Brake News: Taycan Turbo & Turbo S: Porsche enters EV market September 11, 2019
- e-Brake News: Video: Learning Curves — High Performance Drivers Education September 4, 2019
- Your PCA e-Brake News August 2019 Recap September 2, 2019
- e-Brake News: Nürburgring record: Porsche Taycan with in-car video August 28, 2019
- e-Brake News: 2019 Werks Reunion Monterey was biggest ever August 21, 2019