What could be better than weekend touring through the countryside with friends?
Lone Star Region PCA periodically conducts driving tours (or joins with other local clubs for their tours). Touring is intended for those wishing to take a break (and give their brakes and tires a break!) from the high-level hormone track events. The objective of touring is to get Porsche people together for a fun day (or a fun weekend) with their cars and maybe learn something about the area countryside at the same time.
Touring involves all cars assembling at a start point and then driving in “convoy” through a predetermined scenic route. The trip usually pauses or ends at a restaurant or other point of interest along the route. Many of our tours are structured as charity events with a nominal voluntary contribution solicited from participants.
If you would like to organize a tour or have a suggested destination, please contact our Chairperson, Edwin Goldman. PCA has some documents that pertain to planning, conducting, and post-event reporting for touring activities. This same level of documentation is generally required for all PCA events that regions conduct. Tours are more likely to be organized and conducted on an informal basis so persons leading tours need to be aware of this information.
Upcoming Tour Events
- e-Brake News: Video: Porsche Taycan assembly October 9, 2019
- Your PCA e-Brake News September 2019 Recap October 3, 2019
- e-Brake News: Enter Member Only Raffle: 718 Cayman GT4, Spyder, Boxster/Cayman grand prizes! October 2, 2019
- e-Brake News: PCA Open House: Friends, Porsches, and barbecue September 25, 2019
- e-Brake News: Video: 750 Porsche Panorama covers in less than two minutes September 18, 2019
- e-Brake News: Taycan Turbo & Turbo S: Porsche enters EV market September 11, 2019
- e-Brake News: Video: Learning Curves — High Performance Drivers Education September 4, 2019
- Your PCA e-Brake News August 2019 Recap September 2, 2019
- e-Brake News: Nürburgring record: Porsche Taycan with in-car video August 28, 2019
- e-Brake News: 2019 Werks Reunion Monterey was biggest ever August 21, 2019